internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Help needed with Mac OS10.0.4 and HP 3-in-1

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: B <beeline AT mindspring.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Help needed with Mac OS10.0.4 and HP 3-in-1
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:51:04 -0500 (EST)

On Mar 12, 2005, at 2:25 PM, B wrote:
About This Mac is where I got the info to begin with, so, yeah, it's
an old OS X. Something called "Classic" automatically runs when
clicking the update/installer, which (I gather) somehow puts the
system into OS 9x mode. But then it goes no further. (The site
explains that the HP updated driver also works on OS 9, so I *assumed*
that it was doing the infamous Mac "making it work for you" gig.)

It's looking to classic because the driver runs on 10.1 or better or OS 9...

As I'm not the owner of the Mac, I hesitate to do a lot to/with this
system. Would an old G4 (256MB RAM) be able to run an updated OS X?
How much would that cost? ~B

It will run fine on 10.2 or 10.3. I've seen upgrade discs for as low as $29 for 10.2 from Other World Computing..