internetworkers - [internetworkers] Help needed with Mac OS10.0.4 and HP 3-in-1

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: B <beeline AT mindspring.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Help needed with Mac OS10.0.4 and HP 3-in-1
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:54:09 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Arrrugh! I'm in WV trying to help my mother (who recently broke her hip)
install her hp psc 750xi printer/scanner/copier on her Mac Power PC G4,
recently updated to OS 10.0.4.

I think it will be a cold day in Hades before I purchase a Mac for my very
own.

I downloaded and expanded a driver, per suggestion at the hp site (v6.3.1),
but can't get it to do anything happily beyond show up on the "Dock"
(granted, a better name than "Start bar"). The Mac told me there was
something wrong with the drive (?) that's the downloaded file, so I ran the
Disk Utility on it then verified it, and it says it's copacetic. Now, though,
when I click on its icon in the Dock, nothing happens.

Help!!!! ~B

--
http://bholroyd.home.mindspring.com/

Only simple and quiet words will ripen of themselves.
-- Tao Teh Ching