internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] CED 12/15 Tech Forum on Outsourcing

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: uzoma nwosu <uzoma.nwosu AT gmail.com>
  • To: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • Cc: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] CED 12/15 Tech Forum on Outsourcing
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 00:30:01 -0500

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 22:26:10 -0500 (EST), zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
wrote:

> I don't think incompetence is an excuse. Sorry.

Nor should it ever be used as one. And you don't fight incompetence
with ignorance or by saying "sorry" when you're not (that's not jab at
you personally,Scott. Insincere apologies are a peeve of mine because
I find them antagonistic). I love the energy and zeal that everyone
possesses here and I normally enjoy it. It's just his particular
incident got me to respond. He goofed and he apologized yet during
everything there was not a single constructive remark. It just felt
all high school.

I don't know Zack and I have not seen any evidence of malicious
intent. So I'm giving him the benefit. Plus, I think it is a good
thing that the CED is even reaching out to this list. I'll contact
him and see that it doesn't happen again. Is everybody okay with
that?

Uzoma