internetworkers - [internetworkers] keyhole

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Don Rua" <rua AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] keyhole
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 23:09:46 -0500

[My apologies if this is old news to this tech-savvy group. I can't read the
list every day.]

I think this is going to enjoy widespread appeal. Check out the sample still
shots at www.keyhole.com, for some views of what it can do even before
applying Google's resources...

Part of a review:
Google Acquires Keyhole

"Faaaantastic!!! Cooler than the other side of the pillow. That's what we've
been saying, in-house, about a little known program called EarthViewer
created by a company named Keyhole. Well, guess what. Google bought them and
we suspect that what's already a stunning integration of Earth's satellite
photo-mapping is about to get a whole LOT better. Honestly, we've been using
this program for years now and can't live without it. And, now that Google
has control, we're almost giddy with anticipation about the future evolution
of EarthViewer."

  • [internetworkers] keyhole, Don Rua, 12/10/2004