internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Re: charity for the troops

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Wolfe, Joanna" <joanna.wolfe AT oup.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Re: charity for the troops
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:01:47 -0500

My understanding is that if you don't have a specific soldier that you
are sending to the government is not delivering the "any soldier"
packages. So it is best if you can send whatever you are sending to a
specific name and APO box.

Also, I find that I can get the small "video" and even smaller "CD"
cardboard mailers from the post office.
These are small - around 5 x 8 x1 - and they get delivered faster.

I've been sending anti-bacterial hand gel, general hand cream/lotion,
astringent and cotton pads, unscented baby wipes, ziplock bags, and
the Lance snack crackers. I figure most of that will hold up under
tough conditions.
Last time around, my friend - a pilot - was on a boat, where sending
food items were less of a concern. Now he's on the ground, so you
have to think about what will hold up to the ground conditions. I
like the phone card idea - I understand that Sam's has the best rates
on their cards.

Joanna