internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] why am I not surprised?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Chad Ingham <wap AT visi.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] why am I not surprised?
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 12:15:14 -0500

Before you go having a seizure over this article let's remember that we do not have all the information. What we know of the true teachings are are mingled with a lot of the spin and interpretation in that politically motivated report. Example: "But McIlhaney said Waxman misinterpreted a slide that warns young people about the possibility of pregnancy without intercourse. McIlhaney said the slide accurately describes a real, though small, risk of pregnancy in mutual masturbation."
I have no idea how that slide presents that information or how the risks of pregnancy are presented. And neither do you. Is the motivation to use scare tactics or authentically cover all the bases of sexual education? Sounds like a suspect concept to present but I have no idea of the context.

Like I said, sounds like there may be some factual flaws but I can't verify the extent so I'm not going to freak out and vomit because it's the end of the world. Take this article with a grain of salt and save yourself the acid reflux.

- Chad