internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] liberals and me

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: James Dasher <jdasher AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers:http"@metalab.unc.edu://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/ <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] liberals and me
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:43:15 -0500

On Nov 10, 2004, at 4:47 PM, Mark Rushing wrote:

In reality you are correct. Liberals are not selling it. I'm not
sure how we can't convince people to want security, prosperity, peace
and health. You'd think it would be going like hot cakes.

It did. That's what both major party candidates campaigned on.

I realize I'm dipping a toe into a flame-thread (speaking of flames, what's wrong with Tony Spencer? I mean, why the spam-block?), but now that we've all eaten dinner, etc., I would note that the vote tallies reflected who people thought could deliver on those things, not who was actually offering them.

Yeah, I'm that starry-eyed: I honestly think that different people may, at times, propose different methods to achieve mutually desired ends.

--
James Dasher
misterdasher dot com