internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] US history lesson

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] US history lesson
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:15:33 -0500

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:06:23 -0500 (EST), Sil Greene <quack AT ibiblio.org> wrote:
> US ready to put weapons in space
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/space/article/0,14493,1345460,00.html
>
> Defence expert says America is likely to ignore treaty ban
>
> [...]
> "The document, said Hitchens, signals that the 1967 Outer Space Treaty,
> which outlaws the use of weapons in orbit, will be ignored."
> [...]

I know in the past the US has tried to use as justification for breaking
some treaties the fact that most of them were signed with the USSR,
which no longer exists, so I went looking for who signed this one.
That's not the case here, though, as you can see at
http://www.state.gov/t/ac/trt/5181.htm#signatory

It looks like just about everyone signed this treaty.

Cheers,
Tanner