internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Framing the Issues

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Framing the Issues
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:48:36 -0500

I don't know about that though -- as far as Dean is concerned, he
really gave moderates a feel for what Liberal is. Without him to
Demonize I'm not certain the label would have stuck so cleanly to
Kerry. He definitely energized younger viewers and showed the way for
netroots activism though. Trouble is, he showed it to the Republicans
too :-)

That article sums up a lot of the problems with Dems though that have
come up on list lately -- inability to articulate, air of superiority
("the facts are on our side - you don't understand"), and lack of
empathy for religious/morality oriented voters -- and offers direction
for changing all that that makes sense at least to me.

Evan