internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] OT for even this group: jetta vs. civic

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>, kurt AT kurtschlatzer.com
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] OT for even this group: jetta vs. civic
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:20:52 -0400

On Oct 21, 2004, at 11:08 PM, Kurt Schlatzer wrote:

Speaking as a former Jetta owner, my recommendation is for you to get the
Civic.

I love the way the Jetta and New Beetle handle, and the way they look, both on the inside and outside. If you read consumer reports though, they've had to make a whole new class of unreliability to describe 'em. We had to take our New Beetle in a dozen times to try and fix the same engine problem spending thousands of dollars on repairs. Finally the engine just died while the car was under warranty and the dealer refused to fix it saying we didn't maintain it properly.

I'll never buy another VW again.

On the other hand, my bare-bones, bottom of the line civic ran for 10 years and never had a problem.

michael at czeiszperger dot org
Chapel Hill, NC