internetworkers - [internetworkers] True Fame Achieved!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] True Fame Achieved!
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:51:41 -0400 (EDT)

My post is up on /. and I already have over 120 inane comments!

Godless Godzilla and Godzilla at 50

Posted by michael on Thursday October 21, @01:45PM
from the zilla-wafers-with-peanut-butter dept.

pjones writes " Monster Zero reports that Toho has taken the God out of
Godzilla leaving us with the affectionate if diminished name of 'Zilla.'
But only the American Godzilla will become godless. 'Godzilla' is reserved
for our suitmation favorite, while his rival, now called 'Zilla,' is the
name for the computer generated star (?) of Godzilla 98. And yes we will
see the two in mortal combat with 10 other monsters in Godzilla: Final
Wars. In the meantime, Godzilla at 50 events are beginning world-wide.
Leave it to Kansas to hold an academic conference, 'In the Footsteps of
Godzilla'. In San Francisco, the plans are more gala where more films and
more Godzilla involved personalities are part of the plans for
GodzillaFest which will feature 20 films (not all feature Godzilla). Any
other Gojira/Godzilla/Zilla events?"

Paul Jones
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation." Alasdair Gray
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/blog/
pjones AT ibiblio.org voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071