internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] VP Debate

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] VP Debate
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:16:14 -0400

He did lay out some whoppers, especially the whole 'I never said
Saddam was a part of 9/11' thing. But not everyone watching will see
through the redirects and the fog of figures and foreign policy errata
that he threw in with every answer.

I was really referring to the fact that he often answered different
questions than those asked, or didn't answer/follow up at all. I would
have thought they'd take every opportunity for Cheney to lord his
considerable "gravitas" over Edwards, but Edwards got out pretty
unscathed, though he definitely got hard hit a few times.

A tie is a win for Kerry/Edwards I'd say, since it likely won't slow
the momentum they have right now. We'll see what the spin does though.