internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] The tables of David and Lee

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rowland Smith <rowland AT cashi.us>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] The tables of David and Lee
  • Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 11:45:38 -0400

Ian Meyer wrote:
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 01:00:16 -0400, Don Rua <rua AT mindspring.com> wrote:
<snip>

I agree with the first half, but there is plenty of evidence of "impending
threat to the U.S.".

yes, but from where?

Maybe it is not from Iraq...

mmm-hmm, its *not* from Iraq. No links to al-qaeda, no weapons of mass
destruction.

...but maybe a free Iraq is a
very good move in the greater game against that threat. Strategy doesn't
travel in a straight line.

I can agree that strategy doesn't always travel in a straight line, but we appear to be executing a strategy that travels all the way around the world and then straight up our own ass.

Strategy? How about, um, oh, you know, capturing bin Laden? Regime
change in Iraq (oh doesn't that just make you feel warm and fuzzy,
what a lovely little name for an invasion) didn't get us any closer to
bin Laden. Meanwhile, he is rebuilding his network, and sees us even
more as enemies of Islam, and can use that against us.

People talk about the global have and have-nots.
North vs South, East vs West. Then someone makes a move to put some 'have'
in the middle of 'have-not' land, and folks have a cow. Saddam was never
going to let his citizens become the 'haves'. I'm confident that if the
terrorists would take a nap, Americans would be happy to see Iraq
businessmen and women grow, earn, and participate in the world community in
a big way; become 'haves', that might just help more of their 'have-not'
neighbors. Teach a country to fish.

We aren't teaching the Iraqi people to fish.  We're teaching them how to kill.  How to organize in order to be more effective at killing.  How to kill us and their fellow citizens in Iraq, and soon how to leave their borders and kill us here at home.

Rowland

Same thing, not the point. Yeah its great and all, but its not even
that great. There is mass resistance to the US forces, more and more
people every day don't like us over there, and its not the great place
to be that the president keeps making it out to be.

Anyway, my $0.02
~Ian
---
Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!  http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/