internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] The tables of David and Lee

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: James Dasher <jdasher AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] The tables of David and Lee
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 22:58:54 -0400

On Oct 7, 2004, at 10:15 AM, Sil Greene wrote:

Sadly, it's not. I caught an interview with Arthur Schlesinger last night
where he said something very similar. I don't recall the exact quote, but
you can listen to the program here:

http://www.onpointradio.org/shows/2004/10/20041006_a_main.asp

Listen for the parts where he talks about losing sight of democracy. My
comment might have made the point with an assload of sarcasm, but there
are plenty of others who think this way. If you want to stick your head
in the sand, fine, but you're just making it easier for someone to come
around and kick your ass whenever they want to.

Right.

But it's Arthur Schlesinger. He's one of those ideological ostriches. Y'know, pretty and pink.