internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] immediate reactions

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: James Dasher <jdasher AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] immediate reactions
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 18:51:32 -0400

I typed one of those careful responses that includes a structured argument, supporting details, and a careful consideration of various sides of the issue.

Then I realized that there are two problems with sending it:

1) This is an email list. People on email lists act like they're in a crowded, noisy bar looking for an easy lay: they're impatient, and they're more interested in good lines than good arguments.

2) We're a bunch of ideologues who don't really give a @#$% about things that don't support our world-view.

Or,

1) The medium determines the method.

2) Education levels correlate to ideological certitude.

So I'm sending this instead.

Cheers -

--
James Dasher