internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Triumph of the Stultocracy

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Triumph of the Stultocracy
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:50:15 -0400

On Sep 27, 2004, at 10:41 AM, Michael Czeiszperger wrote:

Here's a nice editorial by Ted Rall:

"Kerry doesn't know what the working-class people do; he hasn't done any physical labor all his life," Sharon Alfman, a 51-year-old cook in New Lexington, Ohio, told a New York Times reporter. It's true. Kerry is a rich boy. But then she added: "Bush's values are middle-class family values."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=127&e=18&u=/ucru/ triumphofthestultocracy

And yet, if it weren't for people like them the IT department would be run by one person, an intern.

It's stuff like this pointing out the collective stupidity of the nation some days that makes me think we get what we deserve for in a President. The last two elections now seem like the lesser of two evils with no clear cut leader, both of them will muddle through and make a mess of things.