internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Triumph of the Stultocracy

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Triumph of the Stultocracy
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:35:50 -0400

On Sep 27, 2004, at 12:19 PM, zman wrote:

Now here is the scary one....
http://www.bushcountry.org/news/columnists/Grant-Joseph/ c_092404_joseph_swank_george_bush_iran.htm

scary. you are right. mostly for its grammatical implications and foibles. i doubt we can call that "journalism" in even the most liberal terms. regardless, it represents a "Lock, Stock, and Barrel" mentality that has essentially absorbed the USA.

i honestly can't say that i disagree with the basic tenet, which seems to be that we need to be tough with Iran to discourage them from creating an environment that will promote further instability. this bit, i fully agree with. however, it is hard to call everyone (from all Muslims to the UN) "thugs" without acknowledging the thuggish behavior of both US foreign policy and the author himself.

AND it came from bushcountry.org -- so we can't expect much, can we?