internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Triumph of the Stultocracy

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Triumph of the Stultocracy
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:25:35 -0400

great article! we could always use more opinion pieces on the ignorance of Americans, as well as proposals to remove (or limit) their inborn rights. however, just as with all pieces written about those topics, inevitably someone will come along to reveal all your mistakes in an attempt to discredit you. this fact makes error-checking much more important than some editorial nicety.

from the first paragraph you quoted: "...Sharon Alfman, a 51-year-old cook in New Lexington, Ohio,..."

then in the next paragraph we read: "But it matters that Sharon Altman thinks he is."

small difference, but enough for a critic to capitalize on in order to cast doubt on this guy's entire article in the minds of the retarded sheep he took so much effort to castigate. could be his error, could be the web guy, could be anyone along that long publishing path -- however, no one will be associated with the blame/mistake other than the author.

i think the election is now a forgone conclusion, which is sad, but someone mentioned to me that it doesn't matter who is in the White House as we are all f#$%ed. i find it much more interesting to see what correspondents around the globe are thinking. for example, this piece by Raffique Shah. "The super rich vs the wretched"

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_opinion?id=40033148

this presents a really upbeat social class war for us to look forward to (either after or concurrent with our other wars). i'm betting that if you are reading this list, you are part of the "wretched," but try explaining that to the pissed-off poor person on your doorstep.