internetworkers - [internetworkers] BOOKS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <dianaduncan AT contentdb.net>
  • To: Internetworkers AT happyhouse.metalab.unc.edu:"http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] BOOKS
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:39:48 -0400

I was talking to Rowland the other day about our enjoyment of Carl Hiaasen. I mentioned that my favorite writer of that satire/crime/silly genre is Christopher Brookmyre, a Scottish writer who (until now) has not been available in the States. I just checked, and you can get his books here now! Yay!

Rowland also mentioned that we should occasionally post our highly recommended books to the list with some easily searchable subject line (such as the one above?).

My favorite recent reads (and some not so recent):

Anything by Christopher Brookmyre, but especially _One Fine Day in the Middle of the Night_
I'm in the middle of _Middlesex_ by Jeffrey Eugenides, which is AMAZINGLY good
_The Drawing of the Dark_ by Tim Powers - again, an incredibly well-written, exciting, engrossing read