internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] BOOKS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] BOOKS
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:58:15 -0400

Diana Duncan wrote:
I was talking to Rowland the other day about our enjoyment of Carl Hiaasen. I mentioned that my favorite writer of that satire/crime/silly genre is Christopher Brookmyre, a Scottish writer who (until now) has not been available in the States. I just checked, and you can get his books here now! Yay!

Rowland also mentioned that we should occasionally post our highly recommended books to the list with some easily searchable subject line (such as the one above?).

Great topic, Diana. I am currently reading /The First American: The Life and Times of Benjamin Franklin/ by H.W. Brands. It's a detailed and very engaging biography.

And so that I might have more time for reading and more money to spend on books, I just picked up /Getting Things Done/ by David Allen. It's a book on getting organized. An entry on BoingBoing.net led me to the purchase.

Too bad Champeon's not on this list anymore. He churns through good books and usually has something interesting to say about them.

TaB