internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mac + VPN + Windows Remote Desktop

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mac + VPN + Windows Remote Desktop
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:48:57 -0400

On Sep 20, 2004, at 9:39 AM, Tony Spencer wrote:

I have a new Mac at home and I want to remote control my work computer which
is a Windows XP machine sitting behind a firewall.

[...]

A Few Specs:
Mac OS-X 10.3 at home
Windows 2000 (server that is running the VPN)
Microsoft VPN with PPTP
Mac Remote Desktop client version 1.0.2

I wanted to be able to do the same thing, i.e. control a windows computer remote from a Mac, but ended up with a different configuration:

Mac OS X (at home)
VNCThing (remote control client)
VPN on Linksys Firewall/Router (home)

connected to