internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] A-Dubya-O-L (and polls)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "~\"Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/\"" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] A-Dubya-O-L (and polls)
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 00:51:26 -0400

I disagree

Those who really care, and are involved, or do research (a minority of
voters) know that, but most voters on the street probably don't know
it.

I think Kerry really f'd it up by not telling the Swift Boaters to go
f' themselves as soon as that mess started...

I was reading a magazine at work tonight, and it had a whole section
of graphs, "If the election was held today, who would you vote for?"
down to specifics on issues and stuff...and the frightening thing was,
on almost all the main issues, "Are you better off now then you were 4
years ago?" "Do you think that people who lose their job are getting
new jobs that pay less than their previous ones?" etc, all favor the
non-incumbent, but the campaign just can't turn that into support.

At the same time, the first, most general question, "Who would you
vote for if the election was today?" previously had Kerry with a
steady, albeit not large, but it was there and growing slightly, until
the day the SBVFT ads aired, and it has been straight downhill for him
and up for W ever since...

Anyway, its late and I'm ranting...

back to the topic: i think the memos are suspicious, NBC blasted them
tonight on the evening news, but the question remains....why?

~ian