internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] A-Dubya-O-L

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] A-Dubya-O-L
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 22:51:49 -0400

I didn't see Dan on TV either time. I get all my news from the Internet!

This ANG document situation is very strange. A couple of them seem to be authentic and undisputed. The "CYA" document is a puzzle. If it is a forgery, why would it be such an obvious forgery? If it is a forgery, why has the White House apparently acquiesced to the validity of its content (and not directly disputed its authenticity)?

And where did these documents come from? I recall reading that they were provided to the AP in the course of a FOIA lawsuit. Well who provided them?

Why hasn't someone just asked Killian's CO if he was indeed getting pressure to "sugar coat" Bush's evaluations? The man is still alive.

It is easy to see who is harmed if the CYA document is real. But who benefits if it is an obvious forgery?

I have no opinion about the validity of the CYA document. Like I said, it is all very very strange.

It does tend to distract one from a specific question: why did Lt. Bush avoid the medical exam that he was given a specific written order to have?

TaB

James Dasher wrote:
No commentary on Document Dan's performance? Or why he felt he needed the follow-up?

Regardless of the partisan angle, though -- as in, were the re-re-re-introduced charges true -- I'm doubly surprised that his lambasting of people who use the Internet to find or publish information didn't push a few buttons on this list.

Unless we're dropping the "internet" from the name, and we're just going to call ourselves "Workers" - "W" for short, natch.

Laugh! It was funny.

Cheers -