internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] MS opens music store

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] MS opens music store
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 10:57:01 -0400

On Sep 3, 2004, at 10:51 AM, ron thigpen wrote:

Nope. For stuff I really care about I still buy CDs. They come with their own backup. Other benefits: Artwork. Liner notes. No DRM (that I will buy). Flexible in terms of compression formats. The only drawback is storing the physical artifact. Looking forward to getting them all ripped losslessly and available on the home network.

Hey, you gotta back up your computer anyway :-)

Because of the huge convenience I'm now buying from iTunes first, and only then looking for a CD. The sheer storage requirements of CDs has become a problem, and I'm loath to add any more. There's two towers of CDs in the house, and the rest were boxed up and are being stored at my office.
michael at czeiszperger dot org
Chapel Hill, NC