internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] MS opens music store

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] MS opens music store
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 10:51:16 -0400

Michael Czeiszperger wrote:

Anyone out there buying tunes from Microsoft?

Nope. For stuff I really care about I still buy CDs. They come with their own backup. Other benefits: Artwork. Liner notes. No DRM (that I will buy). Flexible in terms of compression formats. The only drawback is storing the physical artifact. Looking forward to getting them all ripped losslessly and available on the home network.

I do check out lots of new stuff on the eMusic service.

Of course, I also still buy a lot of vinyl. And now that some of my favorite labels are on eMusic, I can have it both ways w/o the pain of vinyl digitization.

--rt