internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] jump drive recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: raustin3 AT nc.rr.com
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] jump drive recommendations
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:12:06 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Thomas
> I think I'd like to get one of those groovy USB flash drives to
> carry around with me. Does anybody have any recommendations
> (positive or negative)? Does is make sense to spend more money
> for more capacity or does a smaller drive give you more bang
> for the buck? I can't see needing a Gig of portable RAM, but
> you never know.

Most people who have these use them as their floppy since many
new PCs don't come with floppy drives. There are people who use
them to take to presentations rather than burn a CD so PowerPoint
is a driver. PPT files can get seriously large, but a 128 or 256mb
key is probably enough for that. Good luck, Roger