internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] jump drive recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Ruth Suehle" <wuzzled AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] jump drive recommendations
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 08:51:03 -0400

> I think I'd like to get one of those groovy USB flash drives to carry
> around with me. Does anybody have any recommendations (positive or
> negative)? Does is make sense to spend more money for more capacity or
> does a smaller drive give you more bang for the buck? I can't see
> needing a Gig of portable RAM, but you never know.

I think it really depends on what you intend to use it for. I know people
who would like to carry around their entire mp3 collections on a stick, so
bigger is better. If you just want to carry a few documents home from work
once in a while, a small one will do.

I have two. One is a 256 mb stick I bought; the other is a 16 mb stick I got
as a giveaway at a conference. I kind of think of the little one more as the
floppy disk I had to have for certain classes at some point. Just a little
memory for something you need to carry around. The other one is the one I
use when I really want to carry a project somewhere. Unfortunately when the
project involves a lot of large images, 256 goes fast.

Ruth