internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] crypto

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] crypto
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:49:15 -0400 (EDT)

In reference to Thomas's message:
> Simple enough, my laptop has no keyboard cable. I'll just handcuff
> myself to it. And sleep with it under my pillow.

In addition to whatever you're reading about algorithms and key length and
whatnot, I highly recommend reading the following overview of data
security:

McNamara, Joel. _Secrets of Computer Espionage: Tactics and
Countermeasures_. Wiley Publishing, Inc., Indianapolis, IN; 2003.
ISBN: 0-7645-3710-5
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0764537105.html

Although the author doesn't go into great detail, he does cover enough of
each subject to get you started and to allow you to determine in which
areas you need further research.

-Alan