internetworkers - [internetworkers] democrats, republicans, libertarians, oh my!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] democrats, republicans, libertarians, oh my!
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:51:19 -0400

alright, after all the hubbub that has sprung up in response to the
kerry/edwards visit that has come to include discourses on lots of
other stuff (albiet, related to the election and canidates) i started
thinking.

if you honestly stand back and look at it, are any of us on this list
really going to change our minds based on what we read here?

i think that the vast majority of (at least the active posters) people
on this list are pretty set in our ways, and we clearly defend our
beliefs tooth and nail.

i'm all for hearing about stuff like the rally on here, and events for
whoever, be it for Bush, Kerry, Badnarik, or who/whatever...

but do those really need to spawn threads worth of, for lack of a
better word, propaganda? (no negative connotation there, just the only
word i could think of)

i don't meen to stifle the expression on the list, just seek to
possibly seperate it out a little bit, or something...

ian