internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] virtual fax?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lee Haslup <biglee AT haslups.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] virtual fax?
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 01:52:55 -0400

I tried efax and found it a bit of a pain in the neck. I wound up canceling my free efax account and signing on with MaxEmail (www.maxemail.com) . Their "Lite" plan gives you a fax number in Chicago for $15.00 a year. I've been quite happy with their service.

I don't remember exactly what I didn't like about efax. I seem to recall that it was a bit intrusive (installing stuff in the print menus of all my applications and, maybe, a bit of nagging when I used the free plan.) Am I remembering correctly, Jason?

With max email there is nothing to install. It emails faxes to you and has a website you can go to to send a fax.

BigLee

Jason Laughlin wrote:

I've used efax.com for a few years, and it's been helpful for receving the rare fax. The only problem has been the occasional spam fax and efax's own advertising. Using their free fax service i was assigned a fax number with a Boston area code that delivers faxes to my email. If you want a local fax number you might have to pay.
Jason

Thomas wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good virtual fax service? I'm starting a small business and have an occasional need to receive a fax. I even had a fax machine, but its been years since I've had a land line to plug it into. I'm trying to avoid that kind of expense. Are there any good services out there lately? TIA

TaB