internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] virtual fax?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Edward Wesolowski <edwes AT idisplay.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] virtual fax?
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 09:11:45 -0400

At 10:19 PM 7/8/2004 -0400, you wrote:
I've used efax.com for a few years, and it's been helpful for receving the rare fax. The only problem has been the occasional spam fax and efax's own advertising. Using their free fax service i was assigned a fax number with a Boston area code that delivers faxes to my email. If you want a local fax number you might have to pay.
Jason

Thomas wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good virtual fax service? I'm starting a small business and have an occasional need to receive a fax. I even had a fax machine, but its been years since I've had a land line to plug it into. I'm trying to avoid that kind of expense. Are there any good services out there lately? TIA

TaB
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

Thomas: I had a telemarketing call from
www.fax2mail.com
and was considering them, but the VoIP I use (www.vonage.com/) offers a "fax line" (a lower cost voice line...) for the same price as fax2mail. I've been using a land line (...a BellSouth "RingMaster" #) for fax, so I'm checking out the VoIP fax line (also a land line, sort of, it's got dialtone!) to use instead of BellSouth. My home phone "infrastructure" is set up for it, so I'll probably start using the VoIP fax line and will forgetabout the virtual fax.
...and thanks to the other INWers who shared their experiences w/virtual fax. It's helping tip the balance here!
Ed Wesolowski
(Bottom Posting ...for the experience. ...I'm not sure I like it;-)