internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Yahoo treats GMail invites as SPAM

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Yahoo treats GMail invites as SPAM
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:23:13 -0400

On Jun 23, 2004, at 5:12 PM, Tony Spencer wrote:

I have to say I'm rather let down. It is a pain to delete mail, create
contacts, and sort mail into folders. Its incredibly slow at times and
often times out. They use some funky DHTML to power the whole thing which
completely disables certain normal HTML functionality (such as right-click
-> open in new window).

I do however love the search feature, the auto-populate-email-address
feature (guesses the email after a few letters), and of course the storage
space.

I plug these guys because they do good stuff with good software (Cyrus, postfix, SpamAssassin, etc)

http://fastmail.fm/

* Free IMAP/POP3 account (you can use web mail as well)
* Webmail interface is all text + css, so it loads fast, even on a GRPS modem!
* If you decide to cough up some $$ you get way more features than any existing webmail service
- Server side scripts for sorting / managing email
- SpamAssassin for spam handling (one of the best spam solutions out there)
- Virus checking
- Up to 150MB of WebDav space (just for storing non-email stuff)

They claim ads and stuff 'are coming' but thus far haven't done it in the year I've been using them. If you're moving from another service they have several helpful scripts to move your address book to fastmail.fm

--
Scott