internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Edward Wesolowski <edwes AT idisplay.com>
  • To: kurt AT kurtschlatzer.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:00:42 -0400

>More like a force of hype
I won't debate this one.
...mostly I admire what this guy's been able to accomplish, as a filmmaker. I think it matters less whether I agree w/his pov, (& I'm not going there...) than the fact that he's had the highest grossing non-fiction film in history, and that Fahrenheit will probably best even his earlier stuff. From a strictly technical perspective, his films work and people watch them. Typically documentaries don't get watched; they don't get theatrical release like feature films, but his do!
Agree or not, I'm amazed.
>a pawn in the much larger game ;-)
I'm not sure what this means. ...berry scarry! ...hey what, are you getting metaphysical on us or somethin?-)
Ed W

At 05:19 PM 6/21/2004 -0400, you wrote:
Edward Wesolowski wrote:
> Opening this Friday:
> http://www.fahrenheit911.com/
>
> ...is this guy a force of nature or what!-)
> Ed W.

More like a force of hype IMO. He too is merely a pawn in the much larger
game ;-)

Kurt