internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT mac.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:22:06 -0400

i agree completely

regardless of the validity of his films or if you agree or not, the fact is the guy is dedicated and gets people talking about the stuff that isnt being talked about (enough)

imho, that makes him one hell of a guy

~ian

On Jun 21, 2004, at 10:00 PM, Edward Wesolowski wrote:

>More like a force of hype
I won't debate this one.
...mostly I admire what this guy's been able to accomplish, as a filmmaker. I think it matters less whether I agree w/his pov, (& I'm not going there...) than the fact that he's had the highest grossing non-fiction film in history, and that Fahrenheit will probably best even his earlier stuff. From a strictly technical perspective, his films work and people watch them. Typically documentaries don't get watched; they don't get theatrical release like feature films, but his do!
Agree or not, I'm amazed.
>a pawn in the much larger game ;-)
I'm not sure what this means. ...berry scarry! ...hey what, are you getting metaphysical on us or somethin?-)
Ed W

At 05:19 PM 6/21/2004 -0400, you wrote:
Edward Wesolowski wrote:
> Opening this Friday:
> http://www.fahrenheit911.com/
>
> ...is this guy a force of nature or what!-)
> Ed W.

More like a force of hype IMO. He too is merely a pawn in the much larger
game ;-)

Kurt