internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Welcome to the United Police States of Amerika...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Welcome to the United Police States of Amerika...
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:28:41 -0400

On Jun 21, 2004, at 12:24 PM, Phillip Rhodes wrote:

Dudley Hiibel loses, the Supreme Court approves
state laws requiring Amerikan citizens to identify themselves
to police on request...

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml? type=domesticNews&storyID=5473543

What a tragedy... G. Gordon Liddy had it exactly right when
he said "When I was a kid, this was a free country."

TTYL,

Phil

You know, I've been watching the series Babylon 5 on DVD (part way through season 3) over the last week. As I watch the Earth of 2260 spiral into a police state, I sit there seeing parallels. Not all of them, but still paralells.

We have an 'unknown enemy' and 'matters of security' have increased the military presence everywhere, people reporting seditious people, things like that.

Just frustrating. Gotta wonder where this is all heading.