internetworkers - [internetworkers] New Bestware website

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Steve Steele" <Info AT MindbenderStudios.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] New Bestware website
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:52:23 -0400

Hello Alan,

Everyone has an opinion so here goes mine. I definetly
belive the shorter page sites will serve you better.
People wont read the longer pages.

Also, I would follow Tony's advice and quickly remove
your email address from the page. Even if you use a
form however make sure to code your emial address so
that the dreaded spam spiders wont purge your address
from the page code.

The most important thing I think you need is a carrot
and a data collection tool. Give interested visitors a
reason to give you there contact information. What ever
you use as a carrot it has to be more complling than
what everyone else is offering, i.e. newsletter, white
sheet etc. Something like a project assesment tool or
pamphlet, or something even more creative.

Also, Love the testimonials. I think you did a great job
of stating what's in it for me, the visitor.

Lastly, with a pluthera of techies out of work in this
area, I think it would help you to develop what makes
you unique. You need to be more distinguishable from the
pack of really good programmers out there. Something like,

Where the Techies that Talk Regular English!
or
Our "Fast Action" team is ready to respond for those uh-oh
where's my data moments. Don't touch anything, we'll be
there in a jiffy.
or
Bestware is to Data What Peanut Butter is to Crakers!