internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] new Bestware website

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] new Bestware website
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:56:05 -0400 (EDT)

In reference to Michael Best's message:
> ....Here is my first business website: http://www.bestware.us/
>
> I'd like to get your feedback, ...

I agree with the others; you should break this into several pages ... a
web *site* rather than a web page.

Good use of color. I like the guarantee boxed off. Nearly good use of
white space. It would be more effective on shorter pages; as it stands,
the white space is offset by run-on text. It'll look better as shorter
pages. And users digest information better in shorter bursts.
Architecture, architecture, architecture...

Maybe a list of the sort of DB solutions you can offer. I'm no DBA, so I
don't know the sort of questions to ask here. Some customers are
clueless; others will want to know the nuts-n-bolts up front.

Using rollovers is debateable. There are plenty of pros and cons.
Concentrate on content first. You can always make it pretty later.

Clean page; I like it.

Hope this helps,
Alan