internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Eclipse in Raleigh?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Caswell <derpimpkar AT yahoo.com>
  • To: thomas AT tbeckett.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Eclipse in Raleigh?
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:46:13 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know why the press release came from Asheville but the IBMers in the release are from Minneapolis and Ottawa.

Tom

Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com> wrote:
Scott Lundgren wrote:

> Sorry chicken Littles, skip this thread.

> Does anyone know where the java IDE the Eclipse project is based ?

> http://www.eclipse.org/org/press-release/mar32004directorspr.html,
> lists Asheville, NC.

I noticed that too, actually, when trawling for work in the Asheville
area (there is none). One thing I have discovered about Asheville is
that it has a significant population of fairly well-off people who are
advanced enough in their line of work that they are either semi-retired
or have a solid client base that they can work wherever they want to.
There is almost no IT industry in Asheville but there is plenty of
talent who live there because they can.

I think that is what is going on with this IBM guy who runs the Eclipse
program.

TaB

Do you Yahoo!?