internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Eclipse in Raleigh?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Caswell <derpimpkar AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Scott Lundgren <s_l AT mindspring.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Eclipse in Raleigh?
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:08:17 -0700 (PDT)

Eclipse is pretty much in Raleigh.  They're over on Blue Ridge Road.

It's also pretty much an IBM project.  The rumor is they named it "Eclipse" because it's supposed to be an answer to Sun's development environment.
Tom

Scott Lundgren <s_l AT mindspring.com> wrote:
Sorry chicken Littles, skip this thread.

Does anyone know where the java IDE the Eclipse project is based ?

I know its silly to ask where an open source project physically is, but I'm wondering if someone might know where the non-profit organization that oversees Eclipse is located. Because reading this article today, http://www.localtechwire.com/article.cfm?u=8147, Software Developer Publication Cites Raleigh-Based Eclipse, states it is based in Raleigh. While I know IBM is in Raleigh and IBM develops a chunk of Eclipse it seems wrong to me to conclude Eclipse is in Raleigh. Especially when a press release about the non-profit board of directors http://www.eclipse.org/org/press-release/mar32004directorspr.html, lists Asheville, NC.

Confused,
SL

Do you Yahoo!?