internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Eclipse in Raleigh?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: Scott Lundgren <s_l AT mindspring.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Eclipse in Raleigh?
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 18:40:36 -0400

Scott Lundgren wrote:

Sorry chicken Littles, skip this thread.

Does anyone know where the java IDE the Eclipse project is based ?

http://www.eclipse.org/org/press-release/mar32004directorspr.html,
lists Asheville, NC.

I noticed that too, actually, when trawling for work in the Asheville area (there is none). One thing I have discovered about Asheville is that it has a significant population of fairly well-off people who are advanced enough in their line of work that they are either semi-retired or have a solid client base that they can work wherever they want to. There is almost no IT industry in Asheville but there is plenty of talent who live there because they can.

I think that is what is going on with this IBM guy who runs the Eclipse program.

TaB