internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Virii -n- such

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Virii -n- such
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 13:09:52 -0400 (EDT)

You might, should you care, look at the headers. Over the last 24-to-36
hours I've gotten mucho copies of the same sort of message, with
varying "from" fields, subjects, and message texts. Most are sent from
the same IP, generally in spurts of 4 every couple of hours:

Fair warning: If that's your mom's IP, Alan, I'mo beatchoo.

--Sil

Reported 04.04.08 13:03 from Alan MacHett:
.:
.:Where would I look for references to virii? Or where would I forward a
.:virus for analysis, if there is such a group or groups?
.:
.:Anyone heard of anything springing up in the past few days? I'm starting
.:to get spammed by mail from people I know and don't know with subject
.:lines like "Re: your text" or "Re: That document", all with a 29k .pif
.:attachment.
.:
.:At the least, I'll have to let my mother know that, yet again, her
.:computer is infected....
.:
.:thanks,
.:Alan

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)