internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] the real story behind released 9/11 suspect ?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] the real story behind released 9/11 suspect ?
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 16:02:03 -0400

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 15:32, Frye, Matthew wrote:
> Unfortunately, no. It's put in after the message leaves my control. It's
> obnoxious, I know, but I don't have time to go checking another mail account
> all the time, so I'm subscribed from my work address. Since I don't
> actually post that often, I haven't made any special arrangements.

One thing you can do is check all of your e-mail accounts from the same
mailer. Some examples that would work are kmail, evolution and
mozilla/thunderbird can. There are a number of programs for OS X and
Windows that do this as well.

I use evolution and find it very convenient to check three different
e-mail accounts at once. When you compose a message, evolution puts a
drop-down box in the "From" section of your e-mail to make it easy to
switch between the various accounts. It does a good job of detecting
which account you are writing from automatically, and it also keeps
properties like .sig files and server settings distinct between the
accounts.

Hope this helps,
Jeremy

| Jeremy Portzer jeremyp AT pobox.com trilug.org/~jeremy |
| GPG Fingerprint: 712D 77C7 AB2D 2130 989F E135 6F9F F7BC CC1A 7B92 |