internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] the real story behind released 9/11 suspect ?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace AT wayfarer.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] the real story behind released 9/11 suspect ?
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 16:21:49 -0400

Frye, Matthew said the following on 4/7/04 3:56 PM:

That's a nice sentiment, but unfortunately I am forced to use a mail client
that doesn't have a clue what a .sig is. Also, consider that the disclaimer
is the brain child of our HIPAA compliance officers, so it's a very big
deal, and I'd be ill-advised to attempt circumvention. I have a family to
feed and a mortgage to pay.

Well, since it would still be there, it doesn't really appear, to me
at least, to be circumvention. Also, there's no need to have .sig
support in your mailer, it *is* just a -- in the message. In fact,
a long time ago on a fairly interesting newsgroup (rec.juggling),
most .sigs were done by hand anyway, since they were anthropomophic.
See http://www.juggling.org/~SALBERG AT MAIN.MORRIS.ORG/sig.htm for
more info. :-)

Cheers,
Tanner
--
.sig wakes up from a long sleep and looks around, wondering whatever
happened to Li'l .sig and mistress siggy.