internetworkers - [internetworkers] Tommy Peoples (Irish fiddler) TONIGHT

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Tommy Peoples (Irish fiddler) TONIGHT
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 12:35:54 -0400 (EDT)

saw this on triangle.arts and thought some folks here might be interested.
Free (see below for more on that).
His website is here http://homepage.tinet.ie/~logo/tommy.htm

Cheers
KJ

Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 12:25:55 -0400
From: Paul Mitchell <pmitchel AT email.unc.edu>
Subject: Tommy Peoples in Raleigh tonight

Just a note to say that Tommy Peoples, the great Irish fiddler, will be
playing in Raleigh, NC tonight, from 7-10, at Tir Na nOg (220 S. Blount
St, 833-7795). It's a non-paid gig (i.e., it's free) however, Tommy will
get a percentage of the bar and meal tab, so it's important he get a
sizeable turnout.

For those not familiar with Mr. Peoples, I quote Mr. Natural "if you don't
know by now, lady, don't mess with it!" Of course, you could check out
the Bothy Band 1975, or any of the numerous and influencial recordings
he's made, or you could find out yourself what he sounds like. I heard him
last night, and (no surprises here) of course his playing is tremendous.
Come on out and show your support.

Thanks,

Paul Mitchell
Paul Mitchell
email: pmitchel AT email.unc.edu
phone: (919) 962-9778
office: I have an office, room 14, Phillips Hall

"We're all given a ticket to the American freak show the day we're born and
some people, they put their ticket away. Me, I watch the show." - George
Carlin
http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly -=*= kelly <@> unc.edu

  • [internetworkers] Tommy Peoples (Irish fiddler) TONIGHT, K. Jo Garner, 04/07/2004