internetworkers - [internetworkers] the real story behind released 9/11 suspect?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] the real story behind released 9/11 suspect?
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 14:54:08 -0400

So, this is in the news today regarding the 9/11 suspect trial in
Germany (see http://news.google.com/ for more stories and background)

The presiding judge, Klaus Tolksdorf, said Mr. Motassadeq, a
Moroccan, was denied a fair trial because the United States
refused to allow testimony by Ramzi bin al-Shibh, a Yemeni
suspect in American captivity who is believed to have played a
central role in the Sept. 11 plot.

Why is no one explaining more about why the US "refused to allow
testimony" from this Yemeni suspect? Didn't President Bush say that
we're supposed to be bringing terrorists to justice? If so, then
shouldn't we allow the wheels of justice to turn and give this guy in
Germany a fair trial?

There's got to be a whole lot more to this that no one is saying.
Anyone know of a better news source on this angle?

--Jeremy

| Jeremy Portzer jeremyp AT pobox.com trilug.org/~jeremy |
| GPG Fingerprint: 712D 77C7 AB2D 2130 989F E135 6F9F F7BC CC1A 7B92 |

  • [internetworkers] the real story behind released 9/11 suspect?, Jeremy Portzer, 04/07/2004