internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] interactive spam block

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace AT wayfarer.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] interactive spam block
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 01:18:15 -0400

Steven Champeon said the following on 4/6/04 1:05 AM:

We've been under attack by accept-then-bounce servers for weeks now; to
the tune of 25K+ bounces so far, from 8200+ different servers. It's not fun.

Ouch!! I feel your pain.

Please, if you're running qmail, go kill yourself. But before you do,
please find someone who can uninstall qmail from your server after you die.

What is it about qmail that gives you so many problems? I used qmail
for several years but switched to postfix because I got fed up with
the program trying to dictate system policy (e.g. where files should
go).

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace AT wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton