internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Stop Computer Voting In North Carolina

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace AT wayfarer.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Stop Computer Voting In North Carolina
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 00:13:35 -0500

H. Wade Minter said the following on 3/12/04 10:03 AM:

The big problem as I see it is that the big voting companies like Diebold
are absolutely opposed to, and fighting tooth-and-nail to stop, any sort
of audit trail for their computers. They want zero paper trail for their
voting.

They do, but apparently no one noticed that federal laws apparently do
mandate a paper trail! See
http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20040311.html for more info.
And, apparently those machines Diebold said it would take over $500 to
"retrofit" with a printer already have printers installed (by law!)!

Cheers,
Tanner

Tanner Lovelace | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace AT wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton