internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Stop Computer Voting In North Carolina

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Edward Wesolowski <edwes AT idisplay.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Stop Computer Voting In North Carolina
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:58:19 -0500

Thomas:
I was surprised when I learned that electronic voting machines have been used in some of the NC "Mountain" counties since around 1996. Evidently they've had good success and like them.

I'd heard of the system in Brazil that Unisys, and National Semiconductor developed:
http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/world/4423781.htm
seems it works for them. But the article's right, that's one system for 90 million people. In the US there's multiple systems for each of 50 states!

Ed Wesolowski