internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Stop Computer Voting In North Carolina

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace AT wayfarer.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Stop Computer Voting In North Carolina
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 00:11:26 -0500

Marcia said the following on 3/12/04 10:28 AM:
> How accurate would a paper trail be anyway? We all know that one
information
> could be sent to the printer, and another to the actual system/database.

What you would need to do is to show the user the vote they made printed
on paper. It could be behind glass so the user doesn't foul it up. But,
that way the user could verify that it was correct.

> How accurate was last presidential election in Florida? I guess we'll never
> really know. If people want to fix the elections, there’s really no way of
> stopping it... In my humble opinion.

There's a difference between the way it always has been (hard to fix
elections) and the ability to fix the election with the click of a mouse.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace AT wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton