internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Cities that Rock: Pittsburgh, RDU, Denver?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Steve Burnett" <burnett AT pobox.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Cities that Rock: Pittsburgh, RDU, Denver?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:47:00 -0500 (EST)

> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Steve Burnett wrote:
>> To a very limited extent, Berkeley Cafe.
>
> But the Berkeley is now featuring a lot of metal, since the Five Points
> Pub closed the Berkley has forsaken it's niche for whatever Jim wants to
> book in there. Kinda sad as well.

Right, that's why I wrote "To a very limited extent". As I remember it
Berkeley used to be a lot of singer-songwriter stuff and bluesy music
(which Six-String has since picked up a lot of the former and Yancey's
picked up some of the latter). Shortly after Jim took over booking the
Berkeley he told me he was open to absolutely any kind of music. They've
ended up with a lot of metal, as you point out, and some hip-hop shows on
occasion, and definitely don't have the same feel they used to. Sigh.

Steve Burnett